Saturday, April 18, 2009

Disney Cruise....Day 3

When you think of happiness what do you think of? For me one word comes to mind TOGETHER! I am happiest when my family is together....making memories...together. The blessings God has given us in each other!

I love writing about the Disney Cruise because when I close my eyes I believe I am still there...I can taste the amazing food. YES, I am ALL about good food! I can feel the salt water and warm sun on my face, you can feel IT in the air...what can you feel? Quite simply put....Magic!

So what was in store for Day 3! This is what our personal navigator said
Date: December 1, 2008
Sunrise: 6:58am Set: 5:24pm
Day at Sea! (YEA!!)
Dinner Attire: Formal (YEA! Again I love Dressing Up!)
Drink of the Day: Bay Breeze (YUM!)

I LOVE AT SEA days! The cruise ship is like your own private island, you share with 1500 other people, but that is besides the point. People live on the ship...I could live on the ship....as long as we go to port a couple of times a month...life without a target...not so sure on that...I need my target!
Monday started off similar to the other morning...slept in...ordered room service.

Have I mentioned how much I love room service? Ponder it with me for a minute...you pick up the phone and someone answers with a "Good Morning it's a Magical Day outside today!" You then tell them all the yummy food you would enjoy and they say, "That will be right down to your room." Then 10 minutes later a gentleman in a suit knocks on your door and delivers gourmet pastries...fresh from the tree fruit (I swear they grow their pineapple on the ship), juice and coffee and lays out cloth napkins and silver to eat with! WHERE CAN I GET A PHONE LIKE THAT!! I want a phone like that in bedroom next to my bed where when I pick it up someone tells me it's going to be a magical day....even better I want a phone like that next to my bathtub so when the day has been long and I need a little "Mommy" time someone delievers me food. I think there is a peice of my Jesus's heaven that looks like thatand has the magical phone :)

Back to the day...we headed to the pool with the kids again and it was gorgeous outside! We hung out and had a fun time and then kicked the kiddos to their rooms (actually they might have kicked us to the curb and took off running to Ratatouille cooking school and who knows where Jared was off to) and Paul and I had choices...what to do?? One was Goofy's Fun Fitness Pool Party...FUN but NO so we walked hand in hand to our appointment! AHHHHH our appointment. The kind of appointment you get a little giddy about! A couples massage in a room with double doors, a veranda with lounge chairs, and the ocean as our backdrop...the world melted away and it was bliss. The thesaurus describes bliss as paradise, delight, harmony....YES all the above! Then off to the adults only pool for an hour maybe two....ahhh bliss!

Later that afternoon in my relaxed state it was time for some "girl/boy" time...As much as we love the grown up time...I look forward to the kid time just as much! Watch out lady...I am grown up timed out I want my critters! Paul picked up the boys and the "hung out" together. No pictures...I don't even if Paul knows what a camera is other than "honey...take pictures for me!" Us girls got dressed up and headed to our tea party. It wasn't just any normal tea party...it never is when the Mad Hatter and Alice are your hosts. Pictures speak louder than words....


It was now time to get dressed up for our formal dinner! YEA!! I love dressing up, Laney loves to dress up...my big boys HATE it! Drew on the other hand loves it! I think for him he is just in training for his future...you know the red carpet, Academy Awards, Tony's...just the usual for him :) Jared was a broken record..."I look like a MONKEY!" "Hey Mom...I look like a MONKEY with a tie on!" but they go along with it because they love me and IT'S the RULES!



Our theme for the night was the Golden Mickey's...yes Disney's Oscar night! It was so fun! The show was great! We celebrated the heritage of Walt Disney and loved the sensational stage performances of some of the most beloved Disney Songs!

This one is hard to tell but it is Tarzan and his gorillas

This was Mulan and Drew was out of his chair fighting right along with them...I am pretty sure he was born in the wrong century in the wrong country...but I am thankful God made him wait!
This was the Lion King selection! Awesome...sorry about the reverb Daddy!

Talent is not a problem to find with Disney!

Off to our Formal Dinner! Amazing! Awesome! Fantastic! This was just dessert!!




Another great day...Is day 3 really over?...no rewind where is that button! Dang it...I can't find that remote...You should never trust Paul with a remote...it's probably in the freezer next to the ice cream...Oh well, no remote! Memories made forever and cherished! (and there are still 4 more days and my wine glass is empty so I guess that ends Day 3)


Photobucket

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Love your recount of the cruise...its like i am there with you!~ ( and I soo wish I could have been there with you!)

Bryan and Erin said...

I love the Tea Party with Alice in Wonder Land! It reminded of your picture when you were a kid a you were dressed up as Alice. You should find a copy and show Delaney!