Friday, June 4, 2010

Travel Day: Hawii to China

All of my blog posts will come later than the actual day we experienced it because there is NO blogging allowed in China. They block a lot of different sites such as blogging, facebook, twitter, and lots more. My amazing sister Erin agreed to let me email her my blog writings and pictures and she would post them for me! LOVE YOU ERIN!! Also, I am studying for an exam I have to take, yes while I'm in China! After that I will be right on top of all the posts. Thanks for bearing with me and China's rules!


Today we finally get to head on our trip to China! It is June 1st and I cannot believe it is finally here! We headed off to the airport with our luggage ready to go! The flight was 7 1/2 hours long. I was tired and slept for a few hours and studied. The girl sitting next to me was named Jennifer. She had been studying in America and got her masters degree and was headed back home after 4 years. She was very sweet and was going to be on the next flight with us also.


Then we landed in Tokyo! Tokyo was beautiful as we began the arrival pattern on the plane. Here are some pictures I took from the window.
Of course we had a layover that was 7 hours long! Geesh! But we found comfy cubical thing and we got wifi and hung out and ate local japanese food...udon noodles and miso soup...yum!





We met up at the gate with Jennifer and it ended up she sat in the seat next to me again...Funny! Our last leg of the flight to Beijing took 3 1/2 hours and by that point we had been up almost 24 hours and were SO tired. No pictures because it was very dark out and there was nothing to see. We landed at 10:30pm on June 2nd in China! We headed to customs where you had to be very careful to not look sick, be respectful, and look happy. There was an American lady in a line next to us and all of the sudden they told her to get follow them and one of the officials told her to sit down and rest and they hovered over her like hawks. We have no idea what she did...if she looked or acted tired, coughed, or the just didn't like her. We made it through customs thirty minutes later and she was still sitting there with them standing in from of her. We headed out to baggage and our tour guide "Charlotte" (Chinese name I can't write) was waiting for us! We hopped in our van and were off to the hotel. It took about thirty minutes to get to the hotel and so it was about midnight when we got there. Michael, is the man who owns and founded Always and Forever Homeland Tours. Michael was with the Sundvall's when they received Sky as a baby when they adopted her her in China. Michael lives in Portland and he doesn't come for many of the tours so we are so blessed to have him with us the WHOLE time we are here! Michael was waiting for us at the hotel and had gifts to welcome Sky back to her homeland! It was so sweet to be there for their first moment!
The next moment we put our heads on our pillows and that was the end of travel day but just the beginning of our jet lag...Watch out China here come the American's! xoxoxoxo

Photobucket

No comments: