Thursday, August 28, 2008

Durango FINALLY! Part I

I know it has taken me way to long but I am so ready to tell you all about our awesome trip, but it will have to come in two parts. You all know me I have a lot to say. :) We packed up the kids, the suburban, our trailer holding 3 dirt bikes and a quad and we set out sights to the other side of Colorado. It was pouring rain when we left but we knew the majority of the storm was on the front range (code for Denver). The thrifty mom in me has to mentioned that we stopped at Chick Fila on the way for lunch and we asked for a military discount and our $30 order became $15....Half off Score!! Moving on so the drive was very pretty through the mountains and we came in and out of little storms but pretty uneventful until about half way.
The boys were sleeping and Laney had on her "Ipod"
I had just laid my head down on my pillow. I realized that we forgot to pray for our trip when we got in the car so in my little head I prayed for our trip and safety while we travel. Literally, two minutes later all of the sudden I feel the wheels slip and hail on the windshield. Did I mention we were pulling a trailer with all our bikes. I look up and there is a ton of ice on the ground and we are sliding around and are in the oncoming lane. My eyes are huge and Paul is very slowly inching the wheel to the right so not to over correct to try and get the wheels to catch again. I am of no help going..."there's a car coming towards us...a car...a car....go over...go over...go over..." like he wasn't trying...The wheels finally grip and we go back on to our side in the nick of time and on the side of the road a tahoe is flipped over...he obviously over corrected. Did I mention again we had a trailer. Paul is such a stud...The ice was for about 300 feet...YES THAT IS IT...300 feet...and then sunshine.
Said that prayer in the nick of time. God is Good to US!! So we press through some strange weather. Sun, clouds, sun, rain, foggy, sun, storm to the left....Crazy here are some pics from the car. We finally made it to the cabin, a little later than we hoped but we got there. Mom, Dad, Erin, Bryan and her boys were all waiting and it was fun to be together. Jared took the kids to the park and we had smore's that night. Doesn't get much better than that. We all hung out watched some Micheal Phellps in the Olympics. The next day my Mom and Dad (they are awesome) rented a pontoon boat and we hit the lake for some exploring and a picnic. It was super fun, for everyone but Landon (he hated his life jacket...do you blame him) Here are some pictures of our adventures on the water.
Laney and Logan having fun in the pack n play!
The boys take a minute to enjoy the scenery :)
Lookin' Good J-RED!Drew's doing a little mind fishing?
Paul and I having a little fun!!

I WIN!!

Meatloaf (aka Landon)...Yep he is still not happy...
but to bad for him it doesn't bother a Daddy with 3 kiddos so scream away:0)
Blow that whistle Gramma Jeanne and we will all come
a runnin'...well at least that's what were suppose to do...
what's so funny Poppies? Do you know something we don't?
The kids all had fun taking
taking turns driving!












Look at us sisters! Where you goin' Meatloaf? Cute bumper J-Red....
Don't you AHHH MOM Me!!
That's a fake smile Poppies...Next time say, "Cheeese!"
Delaney and Loggies attack Poppies!
Drew hangin' out with the life jackets
But where are more pictures of Gramma Jeanne...She was hiding under a blanket cause she was COLD!! Poor Gramma Jeanne...By the time we were were done all the little kiddos had joined her. No pictures, but I am sure you can pict ure it.It was a super fun ride and we all had a great time. Thanks Poppies and Gramma Jeanne...You rock! Then we napped. I love naps. Part II of the trip to come tomorrow.XOXOX

Photobucket

1 comment:

Aubre Rice said...

I don't remember us going out on a boat? Although I do remember spending a lot of time at the dock....those crazy boy chasers that we were! THe pics are awesome! Your parents look exactly the same! Miss you guys so much and wish we were closer!