Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mom's 33rd Birthday / It Was An Exciting One!!

I am glad to tell you that I am still officially in my early 30's! This will be my last year then I will follow Paul into my Mid 30's...I wonder if I stopped coloring my hair if I would have as much gray as Paul :)

I had a great day! Paul was TDY (Military talk for out of town) in Alabama but made sure he was back for my birthday today. He got in really late last night 1:00ish and then left this morning at 5:45 so suffice to say I didn't get to see him but I knew he was here and that was nice. Paul was so careful to be home because it always seems he is gone on my birthday so that was super sweet. But more about Paul and my birthdays later...back to today.

This morning was filled with phone calls from my mommy, daddy, and sister. I have the most amazing family and how many people say that their family is truly more than family and are my closest friends. I am so blessed and there will be more birthday fun with family when we go to Durango for a vacation with all of us. But, another one of the most special friends that God has blessed me with in my life, Jodie, took me out to lunch today. There are no words to express how much she means to me. We have only known each other for 2 years but it feels as though we have known each other our whole lives. I know that no matter what Jodie would be there for our family and we would do the same for hers. I just adore her, and we finally got some quality time just the two of us. We went to lunch and talked and talked and it was so fun to be with her. Then we took off and got pedicures...LOVED IT!!! There is nothing better than having a pedicure on your birthday. Then she treated me to a Starbucks to close out or time together. The time together was so fun and Jodie is such a blessing to me in more ways than I could ever put into words.

Daddy came home from work and it was the first time I got to see him :) My husband is so amazing and he knows me as well as he knows himself. He got me the perfect most thoughtful gifts. My sweet Paul went antique shopping in Alabama just for me because he knows that the shops in the South are Awesome! Paul found the most amazing tray that is from New England that is called a knife tray. It is so cool! It is about 120 years old and is gorgeous! He also found a pewter cup that is also 120 years old from New England that they use to use as a measuring cup. And, yes I am not done he found 3 really cool decorative books that are unique because they are from early American authors in a time where European authors dominated. Seriously, how amazing is my hubby!! He also wanted to take me out to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner, Maggiano's. Italian food yum!!

There is a pause here in my writing because the doorbell just rang but I will get to that in a minute! Trust me that is the end of my day you won't want to miss it so read on!!!!!!!

Dinner was great and at one point Laney had to go to the bathroom so off we went. My only mistake at that point was leaving my new blackberry in the care of Paul. We come back and Paul said, "Your sister called but I couldn't get to it" This my friends is the first of his omission. So I grab my phone and dial my sister but before I could I said, "Yuck there is oil on the back of my phone." My sweet hubby looks at me and says oh sorry I must have had oil on my fingers. All the while he has his guilty Paul smirk on his face. I look at him and wipe my phone off. I call my sister and it sounds a little funny and it seems like my phone is muted. I get off the phone and I look and there is oil on my phone again. I look at Paul and he looks SO GUILTY! I said why is there oil on my phone again? I finally put two and two together and I looked at him and said "Did you drop my phone in the oil and balsamic vinegar?" The guilty look, smirk, and nervous laughing confirmed my suspicions. I look at him and said, "On my birthday!" and he said I guess it's good we got the insurance! What a goober...I just look at him and smiled and then took my phone apart the best I could and cleaned it out :) It's a good thing he is as cute as he is! I know you are awaiting the conclusion and I am happy to say that the phone is okay I was able to nurse my new blackberry to good health :) Now on to the way my birthday finished!

"Bad Boys, Bad Boys, Whatcha Gonna Do? Whatcha Gonna Do When They Come For You?"

It was 9:45 and I am happily plugging away on my blog and you saw above the area where I had to pause because the doorbell rang...WELL...
Paul went down stairs and answered the door and all of the sudden I can tell that whoever he is talking to in now in the house. Oh well whatever back to blogging. A few minutes later Paul comes upstairs and says, "Honey, you need to come downstairs!" I look at him with that why look and say, "Why?" "Honey, you need to put some pants on and come down stairs the cops are here!" "WHAT????" So this is the point where I need to back up and fill you in. About 20 mins prior to this the boys are in the front room of the house being SO loud. They are sword fighting and wrestling. I ignore it for about 5 mins and then I said to Paul, "They are making me crazy will you go tell them to quite down it's getting late." So the boys stop and are now in the other room watching TV and in comes the doorbell. This is where the visual starts...so picture this unfolding in front of you. The kids know they aren't allowed to answer the door so Paul goes and looks out the glass next to the door and can't see anybody but opens the door. Standing about 5 feet back on our porch is a police officer with his hand on his gun. Paul looks at him, then at his gun, and very cautiously says "Hello, can I help you?" The police officer says hello back and then takes his hand off his gun and all the sudden Paul hears the rocks move in our side yard and looks over and another police officer was on the side of the yard hiding behind our porch post also with his hand on his gun. Paul thinks to himself, what the heck is going on are we armed and dangerous because it was obvious they had tag teamed the house. The police officers come together and ask if they can come into the house. Paul says sure and in they come. The then proceed to tell Paul that they received a call saying that there was screaming in the house and the neighbor said it sounded like someone was being beaten up. Paul then proceeds to tell them that the boys were wrestling a bit ago and the front window is open so it must have carried outside but they were just playing and the blinds were open to you could see them sword fighting. The police officers ask how old they are and Paul tells them they are 11 and 8 and then calls Jared and Drew in the room. They come into the living room with their eyes huge like what is going on and are we going to jail. The police then ask them if they were wrestling and at the same time the boys say, "Y.E.S!" and then the officer asks where they go to school and what grade they are in. Jared takes over as the big brother and answers all the questions. Then they asked if they play hockey since there was a hockey stick on the floor (along with 3 other swords). Drew looks at him and says, "Um No I just use that as a sword...when I am using my imagination." At that point Delaney comes bounding down the stairs and stops full force at the bottom looks at the officers and says, "Hi!" With that the officers ask Paul if it is just the four of them and he says no my wife is upstairs. (All the while he said he was thinking...She is upstairs blogging in her panties and t-shirt totally unaware of the happenings down here. But thankfully he kept those tidbits to himself). The officer then asks if he could please go get me. That brings me back to...."What? The Cops? Why?" Paul then in 15 seconds tells me a neighbor called because of the boys and to hurry and put on pants because he is pretty sure they need to see that he (my hubby) didn't beat the crap out of me and that I was just upstairs blogging to the Olympics in my panties and t-shirt. So, I put on pants and go downstairs where now it is my turn to have the big eyes. I say hello and they explain why they were here and say thank you and that they will be on their way. Paul and I then explain to the boys while laughing that they need to bring it down a few notches and that they got the police called on us ON MY BIRTHDAY! My birthday oh man....I should have asked if I could take a picture with the officers because it was my birthday today and this really is very BLOG WORTHY!! Hindsight is 20/20...Maybe next year....After the police leave Paul and I turn off the lights to see if we can see where they went and we couldn't see squat so we ran upstairs turned out the lights again and watched from the second floor as the police cross the street and talk to some grown man on a scooter. You can tell they were explaining the story then they guy left to the other cul-de-sac across the street. Wasn't one of our immediate neighbors because they all know us...CRAZY...Did the officers mention to the other cul-de-sac neighbor it was still my birthday...oh no they couldn't of because I forgot to tell them and get my picture oh well. At this point one cop gets in his car and doesn't even turn his lights on and leaves and the other one gets in his car radio's it in that..."They went in full force but it all turned out good just some boys being boys" That is what I imagined he said and it probably the most exciting thing they will do tonight in our quiet town of Parker...Then the officer turned on his lights and left and that left me with a phone with oil in it and police staking out my house ready to draw their guns and with that I close out my birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MOMMY! :):) I won't forget this one for a while! I am thinking the the Cops TV show them song "Bad Boys" will be the new ringer on my phone and my new favorite song for this next year....I will ponder that for a while...I was planning on telling you about one of the best birthday's I have had since Paul and I have been married but the whole police thing took over so I will fill you in on that one tomorrow because my computer is burning my legs and my fingers are cramping! Love you all and again Thank You to the Parker Police Dept. for keeping us safe and helping us teach our boys a lesson to "Bring it Down Just a Little!" XOXOXOXO
Photobucket

4 comments:

Nicki Holewinski said...

Happy Birthday Alison! Love that story, Sean and I had a good laugh and I totally agree you should have gotten your picture with the officers! Hugs to Paul and the kids from us.
xoxo

The Marx Family said...

Hi there...it's the Marx family..lol. Great to hear from you, your family is just soooo beautiful. I actually have been looking at yours and Erins site almost every day now...I just love the stories and so many are so similar. HAPPY BIRTHDAY by the way! I know what you mean about the 30's. I myself will be approaching that scary decade next month. I feel 50 already though! I have an almost EXACT story like yours from tonight (cops coming to the house). I will have to tell you later on. I type so much and for so long I would run out of room but I was laughing so hard I had to run up to the bathroom or I was going to pee my pants...Glad to see and hear all is well and God is blessing you all greatly! Great to hear from you again!!! Erica :)

Aubre Rice said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MY DEAR FRIEND!!! I almost peed my pants reading your story. The boys must have been terrified! HAHAHAHAHA!! Hilarious. I am trying to picture all of this in my head and just can't stop laughing! Big kudos to Paul for the awesome birthday gifts, I love that stuff too! I hope you get a little down time today and get a rest from your big day yesterday!! Love you so much and miss you! Hugs, Aubre

Unknown said...

Great story Alison!! You tell it so well, it's like we were all there...and I'm glad I got a chance to stop by the house, so I can just picture it all! James (and hopefully me) will be in C-springs next feb 9-13th. He will be going to a class at USAFA for his reserve recruiting job. I'm hoping to meet up with him at some point before/during/or after that week. I'm trying to give you a bit more head's up than i gave you last time :) oh, and that tornado...impressive!....at that's coming from an oklahoma girl!!!

love,
allison