Saturday, August 16, 2008

Durango Here We Come!

We are off!! We are headed to Durango, Co. I vacationed here growing up and have so many great memories of the Pine River Lodge. Some memories are from being really little and playing with my sister on the playground with the owners daughter. Another, from being older and having my friend Aubre with me and gallivanting all over the place like we owned it...chasing boys of course. I remember being in highschool and call the boyfriends on the pay phone telling him how much I missed him and how lame this place was with no mall. (The only lame thing now looking back as a mother was how lame I acted geeesh!!Sorry Mom and Dad!) Paul has never been to Durango. Yes, out of almost 13 years of marriage he ahs never gotten to see our special vacation spot. Our boys got to go 5 years ago. My parents came down to Texas when our precious Delaney was born and scooped up the boys and took them with them to Durango for a Gramma Jeanne, Poppies, and BOYS ONLY vacation. They had a blast while I (and my sister who came to help me) dealt with a uterine infection, a the most precious girl with jaundice, oh yea did I mention that we were moving from Texas back to Tucson. I had to go back into the hospital for antibiotics, Erin stayed out our house while the movers took everything, Paul graduated from intelligence school, we moved into temporary housing on base (the size of a shoe box), and Little Laney had to wear a billy light and she looked like the sweetest little gloworm! Then when Laney girl was 11 days old we moved back to Tucson (yes, nursing the whole car ride home every 3 hours...fun for Erin :) ) Did I mention I have the most amazing sister!! Back to today...we are leaving in 2 hours (after Jared's required football weigh in) and everyone is super excited! We are taking all our dirt bikes so it will be fun packed. Keep checking back for updates on the trip and pictures. Because yes the have internet at the cabins...but no cell phone service...go figure! Okay so I cannot help putting in a few pictures of my little girl since the memories are flooding my head :) xoxoxoxo
Look at those excited Gramma's and
Boys...The Papa's must be pacing!

"We LOVE Her!"









That's our New Girl









Mama's Little Gloworm!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Aubre Rice said...

Oh my goodness your pics made me cry! I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip. I remember that awesome vacation with you...I still have the pics! We did chase boys...shame on us. That was such a fun time, I remember walking all over the place and making sure our hair and makeup looked good...all the time even after the raft trip! How fun. We made it to Gatlinburg and have just gotten settled into our family cabin, it should be a fun week. How funny we are all vacationing at the same time! Have fun my friend!! Hugs and love, Aubre

The Marx Family said...

This is too funny! I knew Aubre was going to post before me on this one but oh my goodness, I LOVED the trip your parents were kind enough to invite me on there too. I don't think you were there though. It was just Erin and I with your parents and let me tell you the memories I have!!! First, was your moms 'power of attorney' she had prepared. Funny ever since I have had kids, I do one for them whenever they trip with others too LOL. Thanks Jeanne! The next was fighting with Erin in the back of your dads 4-runner over who had what side, not to cross the other persons side...The yummy fudge in downtown Durango at the train station, the awesome white water trip Erin and I did and I STILL have that pic framed on our shelves :) Then the cabin. I loved it there. We played in the main center, HAHAHA talked on the pay phone too, there were some really good shakes I remember having and the fun trip out on the lake with your Dad who rented a pontoon boat. Then your mom LOVING the fact that Erin and I were gone for the day with your dad out on the lake. Now that I too am a parent I just know she loved that quiet time...LOL. She was always out on the patio reading books. Then one of the best was Erin and I getting a canoe and crossing over Valaceto Lake(I think that is what it was called). We made it all the way across, we were so happy :) Have a blast on your trip, tell every one hello....
Erica