Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Another Delaney-ism

It was the second week of school and Delaney is all full fledged first grader. It is a Wednesday and Delaney finally gets out of bed and comes downstairs for breakfast. She is happily eating her breakfast (slowly) and I tell her when she is finished she will need to go upstairs and get dressed. She looks at me STONE COLD and says, "WHY?" I look at her and say, "...because you have to go to school soon and we need to finish getting ready." Again stone cold and DEAD SERIOUS..."I'M NOT GOING TO SCHOOL!" I look at her again trying to hide my smile because she is super cute and respond with a head tilt and she says in a very firm mommy voice..."I NEED A BREAK!" At this point it takes everything in my inner being to not die with laughter but I say, "Honey you will get a break on Saturday." Delaney responds with, "That is TOO far...I'm tired." and stomps upstairs...

FUNNY! First grade is definitely an adjustment!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Bryan and Erin said...

I love you Laney! You always make us giggle :) Auntie

Aubre Rice said...

Hmmmm, that sounds like my husband with work!!