Monday, July 21, 2008

A Day in the Life of Drew at Eagle's Nest!

This is Drew's story about his week at Eagle's Nest. He had been looking forward to it since Winter. He was also excited about staying with Auntie and Uncle Bryan. This camp is exactly what Drew needed to help boost his self confidence. It has not been an easy last few months of school. Being Dyslexic and dealing with the emotional effects of that has been hard on our Drewbie but this camp was a blessing....So here are Drew's memories. (Who wouldn't love that face...He melts my heart just looking at him!)

Mom~ "So tell me what you were excited about knowing you were going to Eagle's Nest."
Drew~ "I was excited about rock climbing, leap of faith, and seeing a friend who is a "Big Me" (like a big brother)
Mom~ "So what did you do on Monday?"
Drew~ "My favorite part was meeting my counselor Bruce and meeting the kids in my group. I signed up for Archery and games. Archery was fun. My counselor Bruce was showing us how to do it. At games we played Nukeum. Its like volleyball but you have to catch it."
Mom~ "Tell me about Tuesday?"
Drew~ "We went to Eagle Lake where Jared was on Tuesday. I went straight to zipline. I was first in line and one of the cables that pulls the gear up snapped and I thought it was the zipline cable but it wasn't. I got scared and kept moving back in line. Then Uncle Bryan wanted me to move up so I could go down and he could give me a big hug at the bottom. So I was next and Ms. Suz who knew I was nervous prayed with me and gave me a little push and off I went. I felt like Superman it was so cool. Then when I got to the end Jared (who came to watch) and Uncle Bryan gave me a big hug. I was really glad I went.
Mom~ "What happened on Wednesday?"
Drew~ "I signed up for Tennis and bike riding. Tennis was fun. My "Big Me" Brian and Hunter we were called the Flaming Skulls we totally crushed the Aqua's which is the weirdest name in the history of tennis. There was another team called Strawberry's. Totally not cool name who thinks up the name strawberries. It was really fun. Later I played extreme Rock Paper Scissors. We have gnomes, giants, wizards. Gnomes beat wizards, wizards beat giants, and giants beat gnomes. I rock at this game!!!"
Mom~ "Sounds like Wed. was a fun day. Tell us about Thursday."
Drew~ "Fieldtrip Day. We went to the professional soccer stadium. We didn't get to practice with the players. It was such a rip off. But we got to at least talk to a player he was the goalie. He was cool. We played Marcus's game show. He was our tour guide. That was fun too. I also got a free ticket to a game. They are called the Rapid's. It was a cool day except for the no practice part."
Mom~ "Fill us in on the last day of camp, Friday."
Drew~ "I signed up for Games. We played Nukeum again. And I did the ropes course. I had to climb this big old log and when you get to the top you get both feet up and then jump and touch this rope. I got to the top and I got one foot up but I was to scared to get up the other foot. I looked down and it was over I couldn't move anymore. But, they said I did good cause other kids didn't even try. It was great week. I want to go next summer two times in a row PLEASE!!"
Mom~ "Definitely once, we will see about twice. Tell me what you learned about God?"
Drew~ "We learned a story about a boy and girl that sold their land and they made lots of money and they said they were going to give it to the church but they thought they would be more generous than another guy. They only gave half to the church and said they gave it all. They lied and they were struck by lightning because they tried to trick God and the Holy Spirit but you can't trick God He knows everything. And that was mostly it."
Drew Playing
Nukeum...Gotta
Love the War Paint!

Uncle Bryan & Drew's Counselor
Bruce. They both really made
Drew's week something worth remembering!













JP...Is one of Drew's Heroes.
JP has always loved on Drew
and Drew really looks up to him.
Thanks JP for all you have done.

The Colorado
Rapid's
Stadium.






All the Camper's at the
Rapid's Stadium. Drew
is standing up in the
middle.

Exhausted so Drew Catches
a little nap on the ride home:)









This is what the
Leap of Faith looks
like....

Here is Drew at the TOP...
I don't know if I could have
even gotten that high....
Way to go KID!! :):)









As you can tell he had a great week. It was so good for him to be around Godly men who told him daily that he mattered and was the perfect Drew that God made and that he matters!! Thank you so much to all the counselors who really poured into our Drew and for Auntie and Uncle Bryan who lifted Drew up and really encouraged him daily and they made this week possible!! Thank you and we love you! XOXOXO

Photobucket

No comments: