Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Eaglet's Have Flown Our Nest!

So my boys are gone...Yes gone for the whole week...I have never been without them for so long.

Jared is at Eagle Lake camp for the whole week...He went to camp knowing no one and was super excited but a little nervous too:):) This is big kid camp! It brought back so many memories of Forest Home for Paul and I. They have a blob (big pillow in the middle of a lake you get launched off of)just like we had. The memories are still fresh in my mind. Hanging out with Aubre and April McGuire was my counselor...They are memories I still cherish to this day...I pray that Jared has that same experience and feel God moving in his heart in a deeper more intense way. Dropping him off to be with counselors, in a cabin, no communication to home, etc...It was exciting to watch him take this new step of independence and heart wrenching at the same to let him go and grow into the man God is forming him to be Ahhhh :)

Drew is at Eagle's Nest Day Camp. My sister and brother in law are missionaries with Navigators and Bryan runs Eagle's Nest Day Camp...Talk about fun! Drew is getting to spend the night with his Auntie every night and go to camp all day long! They also have college counselor's and this camp is just what Drew needs right now. He needs Godly men to lift him up and show him that he matters. We are so blessed for him to be able to go to this camp and it wouldn't be possible without my sister and my brother. I am eternally grateful for the unconditional love they pour into my children. They are the most selfless people I know...Drew has no idea how lucky he is...but his Mama does!! :) I love you Er and Bry my life would not be the same with out my Thigpen's :)

So the little Eaglets have flown the nest but luckily for me it is only a baby step (they will be back Friday)...Don't even get me started and how close the big step is. Not unless you want a blubbery post with tears all over it...but for now just a baby step....

Photobucket

2 comments:

Bryan and Erin said...

I love you my sister!!!!! You made me cry. Don't do that, you know I don't like it. Our life would not be the same without you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aubre Rice said...

Oh my goodness you BOTH are killing me. I have tears. I think we are all sappy mommies! Precious post Alison, I remember Forest Home like it was yesterday! That was such a special place and now to see your kids going to camp is crazy!! I know that Noah will be off to camp before I know it. Hugs my friend.