Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Soup Nazi Returns!

Strange title but I will get to that in a minute trust me it is worth it so read on! So you know that we dropped the boys off at camp and our Little Bit was a little distraught that Drew got to go to Auntie's but that "Logan (Erin's Oldest) is HER BEST FRIEND!!" How could Auntie turn her away so of course we all gave in and Delaney got to spend the night at Auntie and Uncle Bryan's on Sunday night and then Erin (who is crazy) said, let her stay for two nights....why crazy you ask...because Erin has Logan (4), Landon aka "Meatloaf" (18 mo), and Levi aka "Cupcake" (4 mo.)....Crazy woman but Delaney was thrilled to say the least....

So...Jared is at camp, Drew is at Erin's and Camp, and Delaney is at Erin's....what does that mean We had NO Children!! Can you say two date nights!! :) So Sunday night we got all dressed up and went to dinner at a nice restaurant that we have been meaning to try and it was very fun...They serve your steak raw on a slab of volcanic rock that is 500 degree's and then you cut pieces and cook it yourself as you go...It was very good! Good times but I will say the house was way to quiet and the poem is true that you will miss those fingerprints when they are no longer there...Even for two days...Now sleeping in part...Nice!

Monday we worked out, went to the jacuzzi, took naps...again nice...then we went and saw the new Indiana Jones movie (We liked it...come on it's Indiana Jones what is not to like!!) and then went to PF Chang's...This is where the Soup Nazi comes in....

Let me take you back 6 or 7 years. We were in Tucson (life before Laney) and were out to dinner with my parents, and Er and Bry. This is very visual so picture with me. We were at our very favorite Chinese Restaurant "China Rose". My Mommy dearest is not the world's biggest eater. There have been many a nights that we have said do you want to do dinner and we get the response of "...Well, I had a huge lunch today I went out with Moaners and had a big bowl of soup..." Now, Mommy you so know it's true :):) So anyways, back to the story. We are regulars at the restaurant and my Mommy dearest is the best known of all she never even orders they just always bring her the bowl of wanton soup with extra wantons. So we are in the big room at a big circle table and we all order normal food (cause it's dinner not lunch). The waitress is new and doesn't know us and speaks very little English. So my mom asks for a bowl of wanton soup with extra wantons (no big surprise there). This is how the conversations goes...The waitress says in her best Chinese accent "so you want cup wanton soup."...."No, I want a bowl"..."Cup of soup..." Mom-"Bowl" and she makes with her hand a bowl size circle....Waitress-"Okay bowl." Yes, we have communicated now! SO dinner goes on and out comes the food. We all have our food and then the waitress walks out with a bowl of wanton soup the size of a basketball! SERIOUSLY the size of a basketball and it is steaming. She then sets it right in front of my little tiny Mother!!! The steam was fogging her glasses and it had a huge ladle in it....We all fell over laughing and I swear Paul, my Dad, and Bryan were going to Pee their pants. If you know my Dad when he really think something is funny his laugh becomes very high! My Mom is mortified and shakes her head and calls the waitress over and tries to explain but it was useless...at that point someone at the table I think it was Bryan said that Mom was the "Soup Nazi" and after that night my mom has held that title at many a family functions. It was truly one of the funniest things I have ever experienced!!

So Paul and I are at PF Chang's and I order the Chicken Noodle Soup as an appetizer and this is what they served me. The waiter (who speaks perfect English) sets it in front of me and Paul and I bust out laughing and I swear the peeing of the pants became a very real possibility. It was steaming and even had a ladle in it! It was only half the size of Mom's but still huge!! Everyone had to think we were crazy because we laughed so much and then out popped the camera because I said, "THIS IS SOOOOO GOING ON THE BLOG!!" So that is the story of how the Soup Nazi returned to our lives years later :)




PS...I still miss the kids :)

Photobucket

2 comments:

Bryan and Erin said...

We love the soup nazi story! It made me cry because I was laughing so hard!!!!! Love it!

Aubre Rice said...

I have to say I am almost peeing my pants that is so funny! Thanks for sharing!!! HAHAHAHAHA!