Sunday, November 23, 2008

Did Alison fall off the Planet?? NOPE!!

Okay...So you ask what ever happened to the post??? Did Alison have a surgery, another child we didn't know about, fall of the face of the planet??? NO WORSE!!! My computer flopped! Yes it died a slow and painful death...The battery could no longer hold a charge...Not the worst thing in the world you say just plug it in until you get a new battery...GREAT IDEA...except THEN the battery jack on the computer came loose and so I had to set the computer exact so it would even sense that it was plugged in and even turn on and if you tapped it wrong or breathed a little to hard it DIED!! So after trying to post a bazillion times and having the computer die instead of throwing it against wall which almost happened let me think....hmmm a bazillion times...Paul would always catch me mid throw and say "Don't throw it...breathe" I called a computer fixer upper! So new battery = $150.00 and to fix the jack thingy = $75 part and $200.00 labor...WHAT??? $425 That can't be right...Get the calculator out again...WHAT??? That is insane so I went and did what any sane person would do and bought a BRAND NEW COMPUTER!! A very pretty Blue one!! SEE... Say hello to Pablo (yes I named my computer for now Pablo unless you have a name for me...It is so much easier to ask Jared to go grab Pablo and he knows exactly what his crazy mama is talkin about) It is a new gateway BLUE (red wasn't on sale and Paul said no to pink in case him or the boys had to use it amoung the living people...whatever) laptop and after two weeks of waiting I finally got all my files transferred including my pictures...SHHHH LISTEN...Do you hear the cheering and fireworks!! I am one happy mama with a new computer...and can finally blog again...What?? Why didn't I use Paul's computer...Because he is completely obsessed with dirt bike blogs, Craigslist, and takes it to work everyday. His is a high tech fancy smancy top secret have to put in his id card with a chip...dumb intel sensitive Dell...I could keep going but I won't...so I was lucky to check my email and get on facebook once a week...and it was only when I was so desperate to use the computer I was willing to put up with the deep sigh and "How long are you going to be? Didn't we buy you a new computer?" YES you did the one that is not set up yet...HELLO!! So I am back with vengance and just in time for some exciting stuff so STAY TUNED!! XOXOXOXO

PS....Can you think of any good names??? Yes for the computer...or should we stay with Pablo...HMMMM

Photobucket

3 comments:

Bryan and Erin said...

I like Pablo!!!!! And glad to see your back. I think I have now gone into hidin! :)

Aubre Rice said...

I look at the pics of "Pablo" and the name just doesn't fit the picture of the sleek blue snazzy computer. How about Rico? Sound much more sleek.

Alison said...

I LOVE RICO....It is Rico...Aubre you amaze me...I wish you lived next door we would have a blast together and if we could get Lesley on the other side it would be complete (we could move Erin and Erica in too:))