Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Journey Begins!

As many of you know I am leaving tomorrow for a whirlwind trip to Hawaii for 2 days then off to China! My dearest friends live in Hawaii at Hickam AFB and have adopted 3 amazing kiddos from China. Their first one Sky is ready to go back and experience her culture and they have invited me to go along. I am so blessed! Laura, Sky, and I will leave Hawaii on June 1 and be in China until June 17th. Paul, being the amazing hubby he is is taking on the kids and the CALENDAR!!

Today I left for Hawaii! I know twist my arm. I left early this morning and arrived in Hawaii at 2:30pm their time 6:30pm my time. I was greeted by my dear friends with a beautiful Lei! It smelled AMAZING! We have been having fun catching
up and hanging out. We gathered up the family and went to dinner on base at the Seabreeze. It overlooked the ocean...Paradise! Kalua pig and rice for dinner...for all you foodies...yum! It is 8:00pm here and midnight in Denver so I am a little on the tired side (woke up at 5am/Denver time). Tomorrow we are headed to Waikiki. Till then....xoxoxoxo
View from the airplane on arrival
Honolulu Airport (nothing like the Denver airport)
View from the Seabreeze
My Sweet Sundvall Family

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am so glad you started blogging again and I hope you have a wonderful (and safe) trip to China. Looking forward to reading all about it :)

Bryan and Erin said...

So jealous. So beautiful, beach, and yummy food. I can't wait to hear more of your exciting adventure!